Search Linux Wireless

Re: WLAN broken on Nokia N900 with v6.2-rc1

On 03.01.23 17:52, Sicelo wrote:
Hi Alexander

I do not yet see how switching the driver to iTXQ can cause the observed
errors. The warnings above happen during scan, which should not be affected
by the commit above. So I assume for now that's these are just follow up
issues and something is wrong before the error messages we get...

But scanning itself is still working for you? You see the networks, just
joining them is not working, correct?

Yes, although later I found that joining does actually work, but takes
an unusually long time. I later observed that I can even get an IP
address. However, there is 100% packet loss.

Accidentally, I stumbled on the fact that if I turn power saving off,
then it starts working reasonably well. I am not sure what this
observation suggests though.

Should have seen the potential sooner, but can you please check if the following patch fixes the issue?
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/patch/20221230121850.218810-1-alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

This patch seems to be a perfect fit to what you are describing...

FYI:
There is another regression report which has that as a very likely but not yet confirmed fix:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/7cff27f8-d363-bbfb-241e-8d6fc0009c40@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#t

(The discussion above has another patch you really want to have when AMPDU is supported.)

Alexander