Search Linux Wireless

Re: WLAN broken on Nokia N900 with v6.2-rc1

Hi Alexander

> I do not yet see how switching the driver to iTXQ can cause the observed
> errors. The warnings above happen during scan, which should not be affected
> by the commit above. So I assume for now that's these are just follow up
> issues and something is wrong before the error messages we get...
>
> But scanning itself is still working for you? You see the networks, just
> joining them is not working, correct?

Yes, although later I found that joining does actually work, but takes
an unusually long time. I later observed that I can even get an IP
address. However, there is 100% packet loss.

Accidentally, I stumbled on the fact that if I turn power saving off,
then it starts working reasonably well. I am not sure what this
observation suggests though.

> Some ideas how to continue debugging the issue for now:
>
> 1) Enable debugging and share the all logs starting from driver load up
>    and including one connection request.
>    Looks like you must edit drivers/net/wireless/ti/wl1251/wl1251.h and
>    change line 39:
> 	#define DEBUG_LEVEL (DEBUG_NONE)
> 	#define DEBUG_LEVEL (DEBUG_ALL)
>
> 2) Keep debugging enabled but undo the change of the commit causing the
>    problem. Remove the line line 1362 added by the problematic commit in
>    drivers/net/wireless/ti/wl1251/main.c:
> 	.wake_tx_queue = ieee80211_handle_wake_tx_queue,
>    Connection should work again. Run the same test procedure as above
>    and share the debug log from that. with the logs from 1) and 2) we
>    hopefully get an better idea where the problem really is...
>
> 3) On top of the debug logs above you can also try what happens when we
>    force the driver to use SW scan only:
>    Add the line we removed for 2) again but remove line 1364 instead:
> 	.hw_scan = wl1251_op_hw_scan,
>    Again share the debug logs

I will do further testing in a couple of weeks when I have time again.
Thank you for the suggestions.

Sicelo