Search Linux Wireless

Re: every other wireless scan shows bogus (too low) signal strengths

Hi Bruno,

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 7:08 AM Bruno Dantas <dantas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Johannes. Thank you for your help.
>
> To exclude a bad network card, I replaced my laptop's card with a different one (with the same Intel AC 7265 chipset). The replacement card fared no better. Therefore, I put the original card back and ensured that the two antenna wires are securely connected. There is no doubt now that the wires are secure, but the problem persists.

Stupid question, is there any chance that one of the antennas is damaged?

You might get slightly different behaviour if you swap them - if your
X230 is anything like my X200, there should be enough slack do that.

If it turns out that one of them is bad, you might be able to find
replacements on eBay or Aliexpress, or in the worst case scenario just
install a generic antenna.

Hardware Maintenance Manual is here:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/manuals/um014928-hardware-maintenance-manual
and the steps to replace the antennas don't look too onerous.

Thanks,

--
Julian Calaby

Email: julian.calaby@xxxxxxxxx