Search Linux Wireless

Re: AP6275 / bcm43752 pcie on mainline brcmf

On 11/24/22 14:16, Andy Green wrote:

diverge on firmware API level. I already had a patch on the shelf supporting version 2, but it does not match the API your firmware expects.

I was working on supporting multiple vendors, but I need some rework. The scanning issue confirms the need for per-vendor support. Hopefully I can spend some time on it.

If it makes sense for you, I'm willing take a look at your alpha patch with the idea to align with what the OOT driver does for scan, but I'm not sure how intricate wading in there is going to get.

I'd need at least some guidance about how to detect which api stack it wants dynamically if there's more than one "version 2" and likely some hand-holding about firmware or soc-specific things in places.

... there's the additional quirk that my rebase on mainline of the OOT driver starts up like mainline now, but doesn't return any scan results as it is.

So aligning to that may only take us so far without some possibly non-open knowledge about what the firmware really wants from its perspective directly without referencing dhd.

-Andy