Search Linux Wireless

Re: AP6275 / bcm43752 pcie on mainline brcmf

On 11/13/22 08:26, Shengyu Qu wrote:

Hello, I'm facing the same problem on sdio version of AP6275 module in mainline kernel. But I found a very old version from here could work with mainline brcmfmac driver.
Link: https://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3107

Thanks for the info.

The firmware on the firefly thread doesn't seem to have a CLM blob that the mainline driver wants, just two types of the ~900KB main firmware for AP mode support or not.

It also doesn't have _sdio or _pcie in the filenames... I tried it but although it's different in what it read after downloading NVRAM

[ 3.775602] brcmfmac: brcmf_pcie_download_fw_nvram: sharedram_addr 0xfa2c05d3

(the rockchip SDK firmware says 0xfa1a05e5)

it still times it out a few seconds later as unresponsive after the fw load... maybe it is for SDIO only, or the lack of CLM, present in the Rockchip fw, means it won't get anywhere.

Besides who I should ask to make proper firmware for it into linux-firmware repo?

It would also be great to hear if the PCIe firmware from Rockchip aimed at the OOT driver was definitively incompatible with the mainline driver and we have to find a solution for that from Broadcom, or it is expected to basically work. I realize it might not be easy to get an answer internally but this chipset is likely to appear in more RK3588 SBCs soon since it's the one on the evb.

-Andy

Shengyu