Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtw_8822ce wifi regression after kernel update from 5.15 to 5.16

On 07.03.22 08:39, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Nico Sneck <snecknico@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Sorry I'm a bit late, been really busy with work lately. Haven't had
>> time to continue bisecting, hopefully I can find some time this
>> sunday.
>>
>> I still think this is a kernel regression - I don't believe I'm using
>> the driver from Larry's repo. This is a stock Fedora 35 installation,
>> I've not installed the driver from Larry's repo, and I don't believe
>> Fedora packages it by default.
>
> It's not clear for me if you are using a vanilla release from
> kernel.org.

FWIW, in the initial report Nico mentioned he tried to bisect the issue
and there mentioned a few git commit id's which are from mainline, so it
seems he tried mainline. But maybe there is some DKMS or akmod package
that is interfering.

Nico, it would help a lot if you could clarify the situation and maybe
try another shot at a bisection.

Anyway, this seems to be one of those issues that progress slowly, so
I'm marking it as "on back-burner" in regzbot to reduce the noise in the
reports and the UI:

#regzbot back-burner: root-cause still no found, reporter slow to respond
#regzbot poke

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I'm getting a lot of
reports on my table. I can only look briefly into most of them and lack
knowledge about most of the areas they concern. I thus unfortunately
will sometimes get things wrong or miss something important. I hope
that's not the case here; if you think it is, don't hesitate to tell me
in a public reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record
straight.