Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtw_8822ce wifi regression after kernel update from 5.15 to 5.16

Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.

On 28.02.22 23:07, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 2/28/22 08:30, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
>
> Your use of rtw_8822ce in the title finally registered on me. With that
> driver in use, that means that you are using my GitHub repo; however,
> newer kernels have the driver built in, but with names such as
> rtw88_8822ce. The difference in the name is deliberate.

Many thx for this, the names already had made me a bit suspicious, but
wasn't aware of this!

> If you want to
> use the GitHub version, you must blacklist the ones from the kernel.
>
> To check this, run 'lsmod | grep 88'. If you see a mixture of rtw_xxx
> and rtw88_xxx, then this is your problem.

Nico didn't reply to your mail, so I'll assume for now that this is not
a kernel regression:

#regzbot invalid: seems it's a regression in a external module of
similar name

@Yan-Hsuan Chuang: sorry for the noise!

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I'm getting a lot of
reports on my table. I can only look briefly into most of them and lack
knowledge about most of the areas they concern. I thus unfortunately
will sometimes get things wrong or miss something important. I hope
that's not the case here; if you think it is, don't hesitate to tell me
in a public reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record
straight.