Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] ath10k: change to do napi_enable and napi_disable when insmod and rmmod for sdio

Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> No, one comment from Michal indicated maybe there were more problems lurking
>>> in this area, but he seemed to be OK with the patch over all.  After that,
>>> it was just ignored.
>>>
>> Now might be a good time to push for it :)
>>

> It is generally a waste of time in my experience.  Kalle is the maintainer and should
> be seeing any of this he cares to see.  If he likes the patch, he can apply it or
> something similar.  If you have a reproducible test case, see if the patch fixes
> things, that might help it be accepted.

The problem with yours (Ben's) patches is that you have your own set of
patches for ath10k and your own firmware. So I cannot know at all if
your patches work with upstream ath10k and upstream firmware, and would
need to test the patches myself. But nowadays I just can't find the time
for testing. So if someone else can do the testing and provide a
Tested-on tag it would it increase my confidence level for the patches.

--
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches