Search Linux Wireless

Re: About MPP & MAP open80211 implementation status

YanBo,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:46 AM, YanBo <dreamfly281@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The "three adddress problem" is caused by the use of *legacy* (e.g.
>> any unmodified off-the shelf) AP to connect a mesh portal to an
>> external network.
>> There is no problem if you use a wired ethernet connection and a
>> standard 802.3 bridge between the wired and the mesh interface, e.g
>>
>> A -- ethernet -- B --- mesh --- C
>
> In currently o11s implementation,  after bridge a wired and the mesh
> interface, it seemed o11s can't correctly deal with the packet that
> forward by 802.3 bridge. so A still can't reach C.

This is correct, yes.  What I was trying to say is that it will never
be possible to connect a mesh to an external network using a legacy
AP.  On the other hand, it will be possible to connect the mesh to an
external network via an 802.1D bridge and a wired ethernet interface.
But only when mesh portal functionality is implemented in o11s.

Cheers,

Javier