Search Linux Wireless

Re: Problems with Belkin F5D7010 PCMCIA 1799:701f while trying WPA connection

Larry Finger schrieb:
Robert Goldner wrote:

The ifconfig output seems good (like other working wlan cards), and the interface is up. But iwlist wlan0 scan does not find any wlan-network. Very strange, because I made this test very close to the access-point (about 30 cm distance). With other wlan-cards I get signal levels of ~80% of maximum. So maybe the receiving part is broken. I can not test the hardware with the windows-driver, because I don't have a windows-installation.

Just for the record, you should run iwlist as root. That is the only
way you will get an active scan. In addition, it may take several
tries; however, wpa_supplicant did all that before without finding any
results. A broken card is a strong possibility. Do any of your
colleagues have Windows?

Larry

My fried has an old laptop with windowsXP, and at his laptop the card detects my network (after installation of the driver). So the card itself seems to be ok. A WPA connection is not possible, because the windows-installation is very old (before SP1), so there is no WPA-support, but a WEP-connection was possible.

iwlist was run as root. I made an other try, boot with acpi=off, but the same result.

A try with ndiswrapper is not so easy, because my actual kernel uses 4k stacks, and this is not really compatible with ndiswrapper.

When I searched for the windows-driver, I got the information from belkin, that there are 7 different versions of the card possible. My card has a version 7000de, which means version 7. See
http://www.belkin.com/de/support/article/?lid=en&pid=F5D7010de&aid=7422&scid=342
(only in german, but saying that the first number of the version string means the needed software version).

Any ideas?

Robert