Search Linux Wireless

Re: N protocol on 802.11a freq signal strength

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Jack Howarth <howarth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Luis,
>   Is there a wiki explanation of aggregation somewhere?

Not that I know of, I'm still trying to get myself familiar with it.
Once someone has some time it'd be appreciated we review 11n stuff
here:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Documentation/ieee80211/802.11n

> As for the
> option key trick, when you hold down the option key while clicking
> on the Airport menu bar icon in the Finder, the dropdown menu that
> displays the available wireless networks is expanded to show detailed
> information for the current wireless connection (speed, SN in dB,
> channel, etc).

OK but this is on your Mac OS X box using the Atheros hardware? Where
does ath9k come into the picture?

  Luis