Search Linux Wireless

Re: Flag for detecting 802.11r Fast BSS Transition support

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 6:40 AM Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And if you have a distribution or an OEM that cares, then that is what is going to happen.

I can see where you might not be particularly sympathetic to this
concern, but where I re-started this thread, I added in Jouni, due to
his mention of:

"There are such drivers [supporting FT] especially in number of
Android devices and I'd
rather not break those use cases.." [1]

That doesn't exactly sound like a case where he's willing to break
compatibility with older kernels in new wpa_supplicant. But maybe I
shouldn't put words in his mouth. (On the other hand, Android systems
are likely to not ever get either kernel *or* wpa_supplicant version
upgrades, so maybe it's not really a problem at all!)

Anyway, I'll just cook a patch, and then figure out whether/how I can
teach wpa_supplicant to respect it. (Or, continue forking
wpa_supplicant as we have been wont to do...)

Brian

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/2019-April/039951.html