Search Linux Wireless

Re: Commit 741b4fbc44 (mac80211: fix TX sequence numbers) breaks rtl8187

Em Thursday 24 July 2008 02:40:46 Larry Finger escreveu:
> Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> > Your patch actually works here! :-). Maybe you should retest?
> >
> > It doesn't patch cleanly against wireless-testing - just indentation
> > oddness, I think.
> > Had to apply the patch by hand. but I am using it right now, so it
> > seems to work.
>
> As I wasn't planning on it to be an official patch, I did not handle it
> with the usual care. My mailer is Thunderbird, and it does mess with the
> white space in patches.
>
> > If somebody else retest okay, can we have this in wireless-testing
> > prompto, please?
>
> To retest, I did a 'git checkout 741b4fbc44' and then applied my patch just
> in case there was a second breakage of the driver in the tree. It worked
> for a while, then went offline, but then so did the case with 741b4fbc44
> reverted. I think some of my problems may have been due to overheating. I
> thought we had that problem licked, but maybe not.
>
> I will be submitting the proper patch tomorrow, particularly if it works
> for others.

For me it works with or without the patch, may be there is some condition that
triggers the bug that I'm not hitting. But I still have the same problem that
I previously reported about power management, but the bug isn't on that
commit and doesn't have to do with power management, later I found that an
ifconfig <interface> down + ifconfig <interface> up works too, it's something
on userspace that triggers the bug (shortly after I modprobe the module, udev
calls automatically scripts to configure the interface, if I disable this in
udev and run commands manually interface works here, I'll see if I catch this
other problem, may be a race in initialization code somewhere).

> Larry
>

> --

[]'s
Herton