Search Linux Wireless

Re: Commit 741b4fbc44 (mac80211: fix TX sequence numbers) breaks rtl8187

Hin-Tak Leung wrote:

Your patch actually works here! :-). Maybe you should retest?

It doesn't patch cleanly against wireless-testing - just indentation
oddness, I think.
Had to apply the patch by hand. but I am using it right now, so it
seems to work.

As I wasn't planning on it to be an official patch, I did not handle it with the
usual care. My mailer is Thunderbird, and it does mess with the white space in
patches.

If somebody else retest okay, can we have this in wireless-testing
prompto, please?

To retest, I did a 'git checkout 741b4fbc44' and then applied my patch just in
case there was a second breakage of the driver in the tree. It worked for a
while, then went offline, but then so did the case with 741b4fbc44 reverted. I think some of my problems may have been due to overheating. I thought we had that problem licked, but maybe not.

I will be submitting the proper patch tomorrow, particularly if it works for others.

Larry