Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi workaround for mac80211 sequence number bug

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 01:17 +0300, Tomas Winkler wrote:

> This is not a bug in mac.
> The sequence number can be committed only if the packet is not dropped
> somewhere in the driver. See lower in the function.. There are plenty
> of  places on the TX path when packet can be dropped this it's last
> station.  There is no reason to pushing this into mac

I don't see it that way. In fact, in the code I'm looking at, there is
nothing that drops the frame before committing the sequence number
change after assigning it.

And all the cases where it drops the frame _before_ the piece of code I
quoted don't actually matter, the first bunch of those are bugs and the
not associated one is strange but most likely doesn't matter either (if
we're not associated sequence numbers don't matter), and the
"destination STA entry not found" one doesn't matter either since that
means there's some disconnect/bug between iwlwifi and mac80211 since
they should synchronise via sta_notify().

Which particular item do you see as problematic?

johannes