Search Linux Wireless

Re: [v2] ath9k: add MSI support

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 2:24 PM, Kalle Valo <kvalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (Adding AceLan)
>
> Daniel Drake <drake@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> I got several autoresponders from people on this thread from Qualcomm
>>> Taiwan. Would it be useful for us to drop off a sample of the affected
>>> product at your Taipei or Hsinchu office so that you can investigate
>>> further?
>>
>> Ping - how can we collaborate on this?
>
> Are you asking me? While looking at my todo list for this year I doubt I
> can find time to help with the MSI implementation or bugfixing.
>
> But my plan is that first I would apply Russel's patch which makes it
> possible to enable MSI with a module parameter:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9999249/

Just in case it was missed during review:

The variables like

+ bool msi_enabled;

usually are redundant because PCI core keeps track of MSI/MSI-X status
(enabled/disabled)
So, if there is no MSI-X involved or MSI-X is handled in the same way
as MSI in the driver, one can use

pci_dev_msi_enabled() instead.

> Are everyone happy with this plan?

Sounds reasonable.