Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] cfg80211: Implement Multiple BSSID capability in scanning

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 02:39:31PM +0000, Peng Xu wrote:
> > I'm not even sure why this is necessary anyway though, do we really think
> > vendors will expect to be able to put vendor IEs inside the subelements and
> > override the ones outside?
> >
> > Is there even any point for the WFA ones? It seems WMM really ought to be
> > the same for all anyway, for example.
>
> I don't have any use case for such scenario. If vendor elements are unlikely to
> be present in subelement, this logic can be removed.

As far as WMM element is concerned, I'd note that IEEE 802.11 standard
does not list EDCA Parameter Set element as one of the items that has to
be same for all the BSSs in a multiple BSSID set and as such, I'd
consider it to be allowed behavior for an AP to advertise different WMM
parameters for different nontransmitted BSSIDs.

As far as other vendor specific elements are concerned, there could
certainly be use cases for using different values for WPA element,
Hotspot 2.0 element, MBO/OCE element.