Search Linux Wireless

Re: converting mac80211 to TXQs entirely

Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> The obvious alternative is to do a token-based airtime scheduler,
>> where the airtime used by one station is immediately divided out to
>> all active stations. But that requires walking over all active
>> stations on every TX completion, and there's a lot of housekeeping to
>> make sure we don't accidentally starve everyone. So I'd prefer to
>> stick with the DRR scheduler :)
>
> Sure, works for me.
>
> I have no objection to defining a special error code (we can always
> use ERR_PTR(-EAGAIN) or something like that, after all) - we just need
> to be careful with driver updates.

Right. I'll see if I can cook up an RFC.

Do you have any opinion on whether to use ERR_PTR or change the function
to an int return and pass the pointer as an argument? At least ath10k
seems to do the latter (returning -ENOENT when no packet is available).

-Toke