Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtlwifi/rtl8188ee baseband config explanation request

On 09/15/2017 01:26 AM, Farhan Khan wrote:
Thank you for your prompt response.

I am trying to write a FreeBSD port of this driver. The structures of
the two drivers are significantly different, so it is not a trivial
exercise.

The FreeBSD driver also has a similar block of code that writes over an
array of data using an array of registers, and this should be easy to
re-create. But I do not see the equivalent of phy_config_bb_with_pghdr()
anywhere. I do not know if I need to maintain the order for any reason.

I attempted to reach out to Realtek through multiple mediums but did not
receive any replies. Ultimately, I may end up re-playing the same bits
without understanding what is happening.

You should have stated your purpose at the start.

Those sections are loading data for the firmware to use. As you probably are not writing your own firmware, and not doing your own calibration, then you should just copy all the code that touches the data in the file table.c. The firmware does not care whether the host is Linux or FreeBSD. It still has to do that same operations on the radio, and this is the data it needs.

As I said in my initial response, I think the PHY register data needs to be written before the AGC data as the latter is being written into a buffer that is not directly accessible from the host, which means some previous step has set up that transfer. As we do not know what that was, you likely need to do everything in the same order.

Larry