Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcmfmac bus level addressing issues.

On 18/07/17 21:44, Arend van Spriel wrote:

>>> Stop. Listen. Fix it.
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> Now stop yourself and listen. This is no collaboration in any sense.

Arend - This is not directed at you - you've been polite, and I've no
issue with you.

I had felt that the initial conflict over this was over, but then Hante
wrote his last post. I may have been a bit blunt about the code
initially, but I made *no personal attacks* up until Hante's post (I've
just read *all* my posts on this thread and checked to be sure). I hop
you can understand that his comments earlier were well out of line. I've
actually chosen to take the day off today, before I replied to him with
something I'd really regret posting. I was furious.

> but you seem to easily disregard us.

Actually, no. You yourself have been helpful and responsive.

> Also you said it yourself all your patches are
> cleanup. What needs fixing is the gscan feature detection and that
> one is on me.

Fair enough - I guess now that its in the kernel it needs fixing before
4.13 - but I would argue that no new features should go into the driver
for the short term once that is done. Lets give it a good spring clean.

I am, actually, able to put some time into this, and *want* to help - MY
current employer would benefit greatly from this driver becoming stable.

(as it stands, back to back wpasuplpicant runs make it keel over, as
does module unload and reload).

> So I am chasing that although I am actually on vacation.

Dude - enjoy your vacation. Seriously.

> As long as my wife does not notice we are ok :-p

Shhh :)

>>> You could at the very least give some feedback on the 29 patches I sent
>>> cleaning it up.
>
> That really has to wait until I return as well as running some tests on
> older 4329 and some newer chipsets.

Fair. When do you return? No pressure - it just means I know I can hold
off and do something else on my project until then.

> Actually, Hante is not working full-time on this driver. Neither am I.

Fair enough. He did wax lyrical about his "seniority" on the driver
though. Pulling rank does not sit well with me.

> Now please stop the insults when you hit some push back or in generalf
> for that matter.

I'd recommend re-reading these threads. Whilst I'd grant my initial
comments in the first cut of the patchset were a little harsh, they were
NOT personally directed.

Hante crossed that line, but I've said my piece on the matter now. I
have nothing further to say to Hante on the matter and consider it over,
if he will do the same.

> It is awfully counterproductive for both you and others.

It certainly is - it cost me a days work, as I couldnt think straight
after this morning.

So - Lets let this be the end of it.

I propose that in the near future we sit down and plan some cleanup work
for this driver (*after* your vacation). Get it stable, make it a
shining example of how to do WiFi.

Deal?

-Ian