Search Linux Wireless

RE: brcmfmac bus level addressing issues.

Hi Ian,

I've really no idea what you mean. Brcmf_pcie_select_core is redundant?
Care to try to boot a device without this function? Called all over the
place? Hell no, it is default pointing to PCIE2 and functions which need
to map the window to another core will do so, temporarily, but move it
back to PCIE2, at least that is the idea, may be you found a bug? We are
for sure not going to hide the selecting of the window in the read/write
routines, that would result in a giant amount of overhead. Currently PCIE
devices reach 1.5Gpbs, we need to go faster than that in the near future.
We don't want just change that to make it bit nicer..... Why do you need
to see the same in the SDIO and PCIE drivers? SDIO and PCIE differ in many
aspects. Sure some things can be improved in or the other, but they sure
don't need to look alike.

It may be ugly, but thusfar it has not caused bugs (and there won't be
large changes in the near future where it will cause bugs). The concept in
pcie bus part is simple. The main core to select is PCIE2 (once you have
booted and established initial communication with firmware) and every
routine which needs to access another core will change the window
temporarily and set it back once done. Please don't mess with this, it
works, it is clear and it is fast.

Regards,
Hante