Search Linux Wireless

Re: rate mask resulting in no usable rates - WARN_ON

> > Is anyone - other than ChromeOS, which sets it just after
> > association - actually using this?
>
> I know several people who use this and depend on it being sticky.

Do you know how they use it in more detail?

> For that matter, I think LEDE and probably OpenWRT uses 'iw' quite a
> bit to affect rates.

That seems odd, but ok.

Either way, if people do rely on it being sticky then I'll do the next
best thing and just clear the mask when detecting a situation where it
would result in no usable rates, as well as rejecting it when it's
already known that it would do so.

johannes