Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwl4965 oops in 2.6.26-rc5 x86_64

Tomas Winkler skrev:
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Thomas Backlund <tmb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tomas Winkler skrev:
I'm not sure what distro are you running I haven't seen this
ifcfg-wlan0 config options
on my system but can it be that ifcg-wlan0 tries to set wep key which
will conflict
with wpa_supplicant setting. Can you try to remove this line from that
file

ifcfg-wlan0 -
--- cut ---
WIRELESS_ENC_KEY='s:*************************'

Nice.

The distro is Mandriva Cooker (development) but we have the same in Mandriva
2008.1 Spring.

Now this has not been any problem with kernels older than 2.6.25, so it's a
regression, isn't it? I mean, shouldn't the module protect itself against
empty variables?

This is not really regression. What happen is that we've enabled hw
crypto acceleration by default so when
you switched back to sw crypto it still worked.

Yeah, you're right.
I forgot about that.

There is bug no question, I believe it's the same bug as Ian Schram
and Joonwoo Park reported (PSK key is longer then 128 WEP Key)

Any patch ready for testing ?

And that config option also exist in Redhat initscripts ifup-wireless...

Anyway, you found the initial problem, as the kernel now booted without an
oops, and seems to work, but:

Try to disable this one from th config file MAC80211_DEBUG_PACKET_ALIGNMENT

That did it, thanks.

Thomas