Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath5k: 10 MHz channels?

Nick Kossifidis schrieb:

> No work has been done for such features yet, other more important
> things are missing right now. If you want to rev. engineer
> half/quarter rate channels, i think you should start from nic_wakeup
> and reset functions (also check out rx/tx descriptors for the rate
> code). Mmiotrace is your friend ;-)

Thanks very much for your reply, Nick!

In fact I found the piece of code needed to get 10 MHz channels working with the Ubiquity cards today.
I do not have the full code at hand ATM, but it was not more than adding

clock |= 0x100

to hw.c:ath5k_hw_nic_wakeup.

madwifi-trace helped to find that single, but important bit ;-)

ath5k performance still is somewhat limited in ad-hoc mode, but I will try to work on that, too. Are there any ideas yet, that are not already implemented? I refer to the effect that a simple ping between two ath5k ad-hoc stations has only about 80 % success rate...

Thanks for your great work! With the full frequency range and free choice of channelwidths ath5k is about to exceed even specially modified MadWifi versions in functionality.

Richard