Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath5k: 10 MHz channels?

2008/5/26 Richard Scherping <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello list!
>
> I have been testing ath5k with some different Atheros devices (Cardbus bg, MiniPCI HighPower abg, MiniPCI HighPower a - exact models available if needed) and found that it works quite well now. Test systems were running Debian 4.0 with Kernel 2.6.22 from backports and compat-wireless 2008-05-17.
>
> While using arbitrary channels worked quite well (got ad-hoc working at 6.1 GHz - in development lab, so no legal problems with that) I do miss the possibility to switch to 10 MHz wide channel operation as it is possible with MadWifi and needed for some 11j modes.
>
> Are there any hints how this might be possible to enable? I can provide analysis of the systems running with MadWifi and 10 MHz channels if needed - just direct me to the right tools ;-)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> Richard

No work has been done for such features yet, other more important
things are missing right now. If you want to rev. engineer
half/quarter rate channels, i think you should start from nic_wakeup
and reset functions (also check out rx/tx descriptors for the rate
code). Mmiotrace is your friend ;-)

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)