Search Linux Wireless

RE: Roaming problems

> That would be doable as well (though I would argue it should
> be done in addition), we could use Holger's approach and
> delay the actual association sequence start until a commit
> wext ioctl is received or a timer expires. Then
> wpa_supplicant can call the commit explicitly after doing everything.

Yes I like this. A commit ioctl issued from the wpa_supplicant when all
configuration is done is the preferred solution.
The commit ioctl that will speed up the roaming and the timer that will trig
the association if no commit ioctl is received which gives backwards
compatibility.
But, we then need to change the current implementation where 3 ioctls trigs
an immediate association start.

/Lars