Search Linux Wireless

Re: mesh support on rtl8192cu

On 07/06/2015 11:46 AM, Richard Palethorpe wrote:
> Bruno, that surprises me somewhat because I have got IBSS mode to work
> on kernel 4.0+. Are you using a slightly older kernel?

I'm using kernel 3.18 with wireless drivers from backports in OpenWRT
CC, so it should be pretty recent...

I wonder to what level did you verify the IBSS operation?

I did get it to basically work as well, sometimes it works well, but
sometimes I get a packet loss of about 15-20% and outages of
connectivity for a while. This happens not always immediately, but
reproducibly after some time. Try pinging for an hour or so...?

I traced it down to ARP replies being apparently "sent" on the device
(tcpdump shows it locally) but they don't make it onto the "air"...

If you or anyone else can confirm ad-hoc mode really works, on some
version of the driver, I'll start to investigate more.

bruno