Search Linux Wireless

RE: RE: RE: iwl3945 problem with 2.6.25-rc9

On , Marcus Furlong  wrote:

> iwlist wlan0 scan showed the AP a few times, but mostly found nothing
> at all. When it did find APs, it found at most 2-3 APs, whereas
> the ipw driver
> finds 10 or more APs on the same machine.

I am seeing something very strange in this log and the logs you sent in
your first message. It appears that your driver uses software scanning
while hardware scanning is the default for this driver. This appears to
be the cause of the ucode errors as the A band channels are configured
as part of the scanning process.

Now, how this happens is weird. I tried running 2.6.25-rc9 myself and
was not able to reproduce the problem - hardware scanning was used.  The
driver is also explicit when HW scanning is disabled, this does not
appear in your logs, it is also explicit about when it runs HW scanning,
this also does not appear in your logs. So it does not seem as though
you are disabling the default HW scanning, but yet it uses SW scanning.
How it ends up using software scanning is not clear.

In an effort to trace what could be happening I created a small patch
(attached) that adds more debugging to the scanning code. Could you
please run with this patch and send us the debug output?

Thank you very much

Reinette