Search Linux Wireless

Re: AR9462 problems connecting again..

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Jouni Malinen <j@xxxxx> wrote:

> mac80211: Do not encrypt EAPOL frames before peer has used the key

Hmm. This patch does not seem to make a difference. I thought it did
at first, but then removed the wpa_supplicant debugging, and got the
same failures.

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Sujith Manoharan <sujith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Or 'iw dev wlp1s0 set bitrates ht-mcs-2.4 0' to choose the lowest
> HT rate.

This *might* have worked. But it's a bit hard to really make sure,
since it sometimes does succeed even without debugging when I do
nothing at all, but it did work twice in a row after doing that.

> Sporadic association problems could be a problem with the chosen rates.
> This would show the rates for the EAPOL frames:
>
> iw dev wlp1s0 interface add mon0 type monitor
> ifconfig mon0 up

Hmm. I don't actually see a "mon0" interface after the "iw dev
interface add" thing. Yes, "iw" sees it when I do "iw dev", but
"ifconfig" does not.

This machine has a fairly minimal kernel config. Does that "type
monitor" interface perhaps need some debug infrastructure that I
haven't added?

> tshark -i mon0 -Y eapol -T fields -e radiotap.datarate -e wlan -e eapol -e wlan.sa -e wlan.da

.. and then this fails, presumably for similar reasons.

                        Linus