Search Linux Wireless

Re: Kernel crash while copying big files since kernel 3.18

Le 11/01/15 18:00, Larry Finger a écrit :
> On 01/11/2015 08:35 AM, François Valenduc wrote:
>> Do you still intend to remove the line about allocation failure in the
>> log ? I made a backup of my root partition compressed with pixz and that
>> line appeared 1350 times. So I removed the code which add this line. Is
>> it really expected that it occurs so often ? pixz use multithreading to
>> compress files and therefore at least 3 of the 4 CPU are used during
>> around 20 minutes, but are you sure there is no other problems ?
>
> Yes, I do intend to remove that line; however, I want to keep it for a
> while just in case there are other crashes. If this message never
> appears in that case, then there is another bug.
>
> You are, of course, free to remove it from your system. BTW, how much
> memory do you have?
>
> Larry

Sorry for having forgotten to answer. I have 4 Gb of RAM. Taking a
backup of a DVD with k9copy also produces so much messages (1479 with a
patch using rate_limit).
Is it really expected that skb allocation fails so often ? Could there
be another problem ?

François