Search Linux Wireless

Re: Kernel crash while copying big files since kernel 3.18

On 01/11/2015 08:35 AM, François Valenduc wrote:
Do you still intend to remove the line about allocation failure in the
log ? I made a backup of my root partition compressed with pixz and that
line appeared 1350 times. So I removed the code which add this line. Is
it really expected that it occurs so often ? pixz use multithreading to
compress files and therefore at least 3 of the 4 CPU are used during
around 20 minutes, but are you sure there is no other problems ?

Yes, I do intend to remove that line; however, I want to keep it for a while just in case there are other crashes. If this message never appears in that case, then there is another bug.

You are, of course, free to remove it from your system. BTW, how much memory do you have?

Larry