Search Linux Wireless

Re: bug report for ath9k_htc driver

Am 19.01.2015 um 01:35 schrieb Jeremy Audet:
> Gaaaaah! Damn it, gmail. I'm sending this email again. The first copy
> of this email was rejected by the ML's spam filter, due to the
> presence of an HTML part. I'm sorry for spamming y'all.
>
>> Looks like with the hub it can work at least some hours. Correct?
>
> There was an ~18 hour timespan between when the device was physically
> plugged in and when freaky error messages were dumped to the kernel
> log, so that's good. However, it's worth noting the device wasn't
> really "available" that entire time. The kernel log shows that the
> device appears to be physically disconnected and reconnected five or
> six times in that timespan. (The device remained physically
> untouched.) The device is set up as a high-speed USB device again
> after each disconnect, which is good, but those disconnects shouldn't
> happen in the first place.

There is one HW or FW not fixed issue which may cause FW restarts, but
proper restarting was introduced by 1.4. And, if FW triggered a restart
you will get something like this:
> [ 3501.052975] usb 1-2: ath: firmware panic! exccause: 0x0000000d; pc:
> 0x0090a641; badvaddr: 0x12345678.

> I'm doing as you've suggested:
>
> 1. Start collecting log messages with `journalctl -k --follow -n 0 >
> mylogfile.txt`
> 2. Plug in USB hub.
> 3. Plug in TL-WN722N.
> 4. Execute `sudo bash -c 'echo none > /sys/class/leds/ath9k_htc-phy11/trigger'`
> 5. `sudo ip link set dev wlp0s19f2u4u2 up`
> 6. Wait.
>
> I'm currently on step six. I'll post an update when appropriate.

This means, we may have some usb protocol related issue. Without proper
investigation i can't say what is happening. Currently we can find some
more or less good workaround (or dirty hack :D).

--
Regards,
Oleksij