Search Linux Wireless

Re: bug report for ath9k_htc driver

Grr. I'm sending this again. My first email was filtered by kernel
mailing list due to the presence of HTML in the message.

Hi again,

The USB hub has arrived. [1] I ran through the same test procedure as last time:

1. Start collecting logging info with `journalctl -k --follow -n 0`.
2. Plug in the hub, if appropriate. Plug in the TL-WN722N.
3. Bring up the adapter with `ip link set dev $device up`.
4. Wait for an error.

My test system has changed slightly since I last ran this test, so I
made sure to run the test twice: once without a USB hub, and once with
a USB hub. When I ran this test without the USB hub, the kernel
immediately emitted gobs of messages and the TL-WN722N was immediately
demoted to a full-speed device. I didn't even have a chance to bring
up the device with `ip link set dev $device up`. [2] When I ran this
test with a USB hub, the kernel did eventually emit gobs of messages,
but lead-up to that failure did contain some new error messages.

I mentioned that my test system has changed. In particular, I've added
a new PCI wireless adapter to the system. [4] I've also installed some
updates, but it is worth noting that the software listed in my
original email has not changed:

    $ uname -a
    Linux pine 3.17.6-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 7 23:43:32 UTC
2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    $ ip -V
    ip utility, iproute2-ss141009
    $ netctl --version
    netctl version 1.9

—Jeremy 'Ichimonji10' Audet

[1] http://i.imgur.com/TdlwxIC.jpg
[2] http://www.ichimonji10.name/downloads/2015-01-13-p3-new-nohub.txt
[3] http://www.ichimonji10.name/downloads/2015-01-13-p3-new-hub.txt
[4] Output from lspci -v:
04:05.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. RT3060 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R
        Subsystem: Edimax Computer Co. Device 7711
        Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20
        Memory at fe900000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: rt2800pci
        Kernel modules: rt2800pci