Search Linux Wireless

Re: Setting WLAN RF Sensitivity value

<mohammad.a.shattal@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I'm working on a project in which we need to set and get RF sensitivity of WLAN device.
Could you specify, what exactly parameter do you want to control? In
the your askubuntu post, you refer to "iwconfig wlan0 sens" command,
which can control too many aspects, including the selection of the
best AP and the detection of channel busy condition. And actual
parameter "depends on the hardware implementation" as said in iwconfig
manpage.

> I tried to set other settings such as operation mode, txpower and frequency using Linux commands : "ioctl" and "iwconfig" and it works fine.
Consider using NL80211 and "iw" utility, since IOCTL based
wireless-extensions interface is deprecated.

--
BR,
Sergey