Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ANN] new experimental firmware for 7260 / 3160 / 7265 - Core7

[responding to both messages at once here]

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
If you want, you can apply this:
<..>
You'll need the firmware attached, and load the driver with fw_monitor=1. Then, when the error you mentioned will occur, it will crash the firmware on purpose so that we can get the logs. You'll see lots of junk in dmesg.

Once this happened, you can take the data from /sys/kernel/debug/iwlwifi/0000\:01\:00.0/iwlmvm/fw_error_dump. This will weigh around 4MB depending on the available memory in your system, this is the data I need to give to the firmware team.

I will give this a try later on -- I'm testing this on my real laptop, and am in the middle of a project, so can't reboot at the moment (I love Linux - if a driver pukes, just reload it and reconnect, no need to reboot!)

I just saw something weird...

The Q 16 is still working while we flush:
<...>
can you please re-run with trace-cmd -e iwlwifi -iwlwifi_msg -e
mac80211 and send the trace.dat output.

Sure! I'm new to this; did a bit of RTFM'ing, and I'm guessing that the command should actually be:

trace-cmd record -e iwlwifi -e iwlwifi_msg -e mac80211

..and that I should wait until the issue occurs again with this running, and then hit ctrl-c, gpg-encrypt the trace.dat and send it to you? (Or should I open a bugzilla and attach the encrypted file there?)

If any of that's incorrect, let me know.

The issue did already happen again today - unfortunately I hadn't gotten to firing up the trace-cmd yet.. so hopefully it'll happen again. :)

Thanks!

-Nate