Search Linux Wireless

Re: Cannot get ACS to work with hostapd-2.2 "Unknown event 49"

On 3 September 2014 15:10, Robb <rbarr138@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The problem is ath9k_htc driver doesn't support dumping survey data.
>> It doesn't implement .get_survey which implies current ACS
>> implementation in hostapd will not work.
>
> I see, driver support != chipset support.  According to
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/acs#Hostapd_setup
> the driver does support it, but it is correct that it does not say all
> chipsets supported by that driver support ACS.

You are making an assumption ath9k == ath9k_htc. This is not correct.

I would actually suspect the ath9k_htc *chips* actually are capable of
providing the necessary information to create survey dump but the
firmware/driver do not support it. Can anyone more familiar with
ath9k_htc correct me if I'm wrong?

> If the 9271 doesn't support it then I guess it can only be the
> AR7010+AR9280 or AR7010+AR9287 right? Any way to know which works?

Neither will work as either is handled by the ath9k_htc driver which
in turn does not support survey data.

Michał