Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Patch]mac80211: Add support for mesh proxy path dump

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> First patch to define the two new cfg80211_ops and the necessary
>> nl80211/tracing helper functions, second patch that implements
>> get_mpp() and dump_mpp() functions?
>
> Right. That way you have one patch that defines the API etc., and
> another that implements it, and it's easier to review and document the
> APIs in the right places etc.
>
> I don't always insist on this, but it's a pretty big patch so I'd prefer
> it this way (and it also should be almost trivial to split)

Yes, should be easy. I will come back to the list with a "v2" set of patches.

>> mpath and mpp use the same storage object (struct mesh_path), so I
>> reused the mpath_info struct. As far as I can see its just a "transfer
>> object" between for cfg80211 that temporarily stores data from the
>> cfg80211_ops for nl80211 messages.
>
> Indeed, it is.
>
>> Shall I create a new struct for the two new cfg80211_ops?
>
> No need, I just wasn't sure it really needed the same data so figured
> I'd ask.

At the moment I don't use much of the mpath_info field... but I think
the mpp operations will always use a subset of the mpath fields, so we
can reuse the nl80211 encoding function by reusing the struct. If this
changes it would be trivial to switch to a different struct, because
its not visible from userspace.

Henning