Search Linux Wireless

Re: Broadcom 43241b4-sdio NVRAM help request

On 08/24/14 10:06, Brain WrecK wrote:
Hello Sir

I am writing this request to ask for your aid, we have been tryng to get
ubuntu 14.10 to run on an ASUS T100TA tablet and we are having wifi issues

I am appealing to you and to ask for your help as i have been trying for
weeks to get this wifi working stable, i have been trying to modify the
NVRAM file to get a stable connection so we can have decent working
internet on this tablet to enjoy the Linux experience. right now
currently we can download in the range of 600 bytes/sec to maybe 10kb/sec

We are unable to connect with the current NVRAM file provided from the
NVRAM file unless we put our current MAC address for our wifi card in
the brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt

and once we do that we are able to connect but we get frequent
disconnects and very very slow download rates...

I have pulled the NVRAM from the efivars in sys/firmware/efivars and
have attached it for you is there perhaps an updated file that will
work, or would you be able to help us and create a new or provide a
current NVRAM File?

Also the firmware that is provided for us is dated july 17th 2013 is
there an updated linux firmware that we can use for this device that
perhaps would have an updated NVRAM file to go with it?

I have attached the firmware that is provided for us as well for your
reference

I am sure you are a busy person and we in the linux community would love
to be rid of windows and enjoy the linux experience, could you, would
you lend us your aid?

Hi Brian,

Sure I can try to be somewhat helpful. I am currently on vacation and rain is pouring down in buckets.

The nvram that is in EFI should be the perfect fit for the device. Maybe you can provide some more background info. Are you using stock ubuntu kernel. What kernel version is running? Can you boot the kernel with 'debug ignore_loglevel' parameters, load the brcmfmac driver with 'debug=0xd416', and send me the full kernel log.

Regards,
Arend