From: linux-wireless-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [linux-wireless-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrey Yurovsky [yurovsky@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 12:41 AM
To: linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: scanning only returns results on specified channels (Marvell mwifiex driver)

I am not seeing scan results on my test setup with a Marvell 88W8787
(mwifiex driver) connected over SDIO to an ARM926.  I traced and found
that the card and driver do receive results, they do report them via
cfg80211, and those results are stored as expected (for instance, I
see every BSSID I expected to find in tmp->pub.bssid
cfg80211_bss_update()).  iw never gets them, it just acts like there
were no results.  However specifying a frequency does return results,
so this doesn't work:

iw dev mlan0 scan

but this does:

iw dev mlan0 scan 2412

I'm wondering if there's something marked incorrectly in the BSS
structure from the driver or if there is some other reason that
results aren't reported unless the frequency is specified.  When doing
the latter, I do see reasonable results when compared to another
system scanning in the same room.

Can someone else reproduce this?  Is there anything specific that I
could look at that would help resolve the problem?

Thanks,

  -Andrey