Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtlwifi (rtl8192ce) consistently reports EBUSY error, but scanning works

On 03/05/2014 01:16 PM, Thierry Moreau wrote:
On 03/05/14 16:40, Larry Finger wrote:

Please give me the exact set of commands you use to get this problem. If
possible, capture the console output. As I am currently running
long-term tests of the latest version of rtl8192ce using an RTL8188CE
(10ec:8176), it will be a perfect time to test.

Here is the command script, and the console log
(....sh 2>&1 | tee ....log)

Is it possible that the Shuttle system be arranged with a digital output
enabling/inhibiting the Realtek wifi interface active participation in wifi
protocol?

I did ask Shuttle tech support, but in any event I don't want to induce you to
troubleshoot a specific system.

The problem is not specific to the Shuttle - I can reproduce it on my HP laptop. Furthermore, it affects other mac80211-based drivers. The EBUSY return comes out of mac80211/cfg80211/nl80211 code.

I have no idea why that particular set of commands fails to be able to set the channel. Both NetworkManager and the openSUSE ifup sequence work OK. Your system can set channels using the scan mechanism.

If you want to track it down, you will need to put printk statements at every place that the net/wireless code sets EBUSY to see which one triggers. Perhaps that will expose any bug there, or in your script.

Larry