Search Linux Wireless

iwlwifi + bluetooth mouse and legacy boot Dell XPS13

Hi,

I'm having major problems keeping my wireless connection up and running,
together with bluetooth mouse on my Dell XPS13 (L322X, full-HD version).

I'm seeing regular firmware and hardware resets. I'm on kernel 3.12.7 and
firmware loaded is 18.168.6.1. Hardware is Intel Corporation Centrino
Advanced-N 6235 (rev 24). Wireless network is 802.11b/g, WPA2.

I've tried all possible combinations of module parameters without succes.

Last thing that comes to my mind is my legacy BIOS. Could anyone on this list
either confirm or deny that instead booting the laptop in UEFI might help
resolve the problems? Is anyone using this laptop with wifi and bluetooth
mouse either using legacy or UEFI BIOS?

I'm asking because switching from legacy to UEFI seems to be a bit daunting,
not in the least because the live CD's I tried have many problems recognising
either the display adapter on recent kernels (ubuntu 13.10 boot CD black
screen) or backlight seems to be broken (again) on 3.13.rc, using ubuntu 14.04
boot CD).

Best regards,
Martin van Es