Search Linux Wireless

Re: [linux-sunxi] Firmware for Bluetooth (and wifi)

On 01/08/2014 10:23 AM, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:

>>> Thanks. BTW, who should submit the patch? :)
>>
>> Hi Chen-Yu
>>
>> I will submit the patch today.
>
> Great!
>
> I added device tree support for brcmfmac SDIO devices,
> to be able to specify external out-of-band interrupts.
> Unfortunately it's not working. I get the following output:
>
> brcmfmac: brcmf_sdbrcm_bus_rxctl: resumed on timeout
> brcmfmac: brcmf_fil_cmd_data: Failed err=-110
> brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Retreiving cur_etheraddr failed, -110
> brcmfmac: brcmf_bus_start: failed: -110
> brcmfmac: brcmf_sdbrcm_probe: dongle is not responding

This is typeical behaviour when interrupt is not picked up.

> brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe: device attach failed
> brcmfmac: brcmf_ops_sdio_probe: F2 error, probe failed -19...
>
> Should we add device tree support for the brcmf platform driver,
> so we can enable power, clocks, etc. before the SDIO driver is probed?

How does the device-tree change for oob interrupt look like.

> Not sure if this is the right way. Maxime mentioned on IRC that some
> mmc host drivers take a vmmc regulator property.
>
> Currently I am using rfkill-gpio to do this. But brcmfmac also
> registers an rfkill of its own.

Not sure what you mean here. The only thing I am aware of is that
cfg80211 registers brcmfmac as wifi transmitter in the rfkill framework,
which is unrelated to gpio's.

> Also, I have bluetooth working. Turns out it was a wrong pinctrl
> setting in my dt. For those who want to try:
>
>   Get and compile brcm_patchram_plus from
>   http://code.google.com/p/broadcom-bluetooth/
>
>   Run brcm_patchram_plus --patchram bcm20710a1.hcd --no2bytes /dev/ttyS1
>   and hciattach /dev/ttyS1
>
>   If brcm_patchram_plus hangs, you may need to reset the controller
>   by blocking then unblocking the bluetooth rfkill switch.
>
> I pushed all my work out already. Here's the link again:
>
>   https://github.com/wens/linux/tree/wip/sunxi-next-wifi

I will take a look.

Gr. AvS