Search Linux Wireless

Re: [linux-sunxi] Firmware for Bluetooth (and wifi)

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 12/18/2013 02:12 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Cool. Do you have a cubietruck? With my latest wip tree:
>>> https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commits/sunxi-next
>>
>> No cubietruck here. I googled the term last week because it came up and
>> found embeddedcomputer.nl selling it.
>>
>>> We've mmc/sdio controller support on top of 3.13-rc4, it would be
>>> nice if we could also get the wifi and bluetooth to work here.

I got the chip to respond to probing. It is BCM43362 for sure.

  root@cubietruck:/sys/bus/mmc/devices/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1# cat device
  0xa962
  root@cubietruck:/sys/bus/mmc/devices/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1# cat vendor
  0x02d0

Vendor ID is Broadcom. Device ID is 43362.
But I get two devices, mmc1:0001:1 and mmc1:0001:2. I don't know
if this is normal or not.

Bluetooth still isn't responding.

>>> I'm certainly willing to give some patches for this a try. Do you
>>> have an example of what the dts file for a board with broadcom sdio
>>> wifi looks like ?
>>
>> I am still struggling with dts changes for a Pandaboard. As I understood
>> the cubietruck uses AP6210 module and the dts really depends on how
>> things are wired up with it. Apart from the SDIO lines it may have an
>> additional GPIO output to power the module and GPIO inputs to wakeup the
>> host and interrupt line.
>
> Yes it does. 2 GPIO lines for power, 1 for WiFi, 1 for BT.
> Also takes 2 GPIO inputs for interrupts. Not sure how to feed this
> to the driver. Last, it takes a clock output out of the A20 for the
> low power 32k clock. Not sure if this is mandatory?
>
> I've read the schematics more than a few times. I can get a dts out
> tomorrow. I was planning on doing the clock output and rfkill part
> first.

Here's my tree, in case anyone wants to play around. It will be rebased
a lot.

  https://github.com/wens/linux/tree/wip/sunxi-next-wifi

The DT is not finished yet. External interrupts and low power clock are
still missing. Can anyone provide an example for useing the PIO EINT
interrupt pins?

Cheers,

ChenYu