Search Linux Wireless

Fwd: RTL8723ae PCI Driver update

Larry,

Thank you for your reply and filling me on the correct netiquette re:
driver mailing lists.

The PCI ID I have is 10ec:8723, but the built-in version seems to
suffer from the slow data rates, poor signal reception and regular
dropouts that many users seems to be experiencing with this chipset
(at least going by e.g. the Ubuntu forums). I wanted to try compiling
my own module from the Realtek source but I think I need a patch to
get that to work in kernel 3.11? But I also wondered if it were worth
trying a later kernel to see if any of the regular updates have
improved things?

Thank you for your help.
Chris