Search Linux Wireless

Re: I always need a miracle to connect with iwlwifi

Am 28.10.2013 16:44, schrieb Felipe Contreras:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 3:52 AM, Oleksij Rempel <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I bet the router is buggy, which router isn't? But why Windows 7
>>> connects fine?
>>
>> May be it includes some workaround?
>
>> You do not need to fight with devs, i think they are agree that some
>> thing is wrong. But believe me, there are so many access points, which
>> make problems or wear things. If you have a bug, does not mean other
>> user have it.
>
> I understand the problems of making wireless drivers work on different
> kinds of access points, and I'm not fighting with devs, I'm just
> saying that if it works in all other devices the problem is most
> likely on this one.
>
> And BTW, the devices we are talking about are very varied: Wii U,
> Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Nokia N9, Android phone, iPhone, iMac, Amazon
> Kindle. Yet the only device that seems to have a problem is my Linux
> machine, I think it's pretty clear where the problem is.

Do any of listed devices use mac80211? If not, you still have fallowing
you arguments you even didn't tried to eliminate any of them. So, no. It
is not clear where problem is.

> And sure, it does not necessarily means that other people have the
> same problem, but it is very unlikely that I'm the only one.

what is your hardware? Did you tired to disable power save mode?

I have "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235", it use same driver and works
with three of my APs. I say just to show, that list of working hardware
is not helpful.

what is you AP? Mode it is running? Do changing settings of this AP
makes some difference? -- No, changing settings of you AP is not the way
to get you off.

--
Regards,
Oleksij