Search Linux Wireless

Re: Updates to 3.8 kernel break b43 Wireless with 4331 chipset

It may just be me, but I kept getting a "deja vu" feeling when I read your report. Please minimize the repetition of material.

Unfortunately, I do not have a 4331 device, and I cannot duplicate your result. Ideally, the best approach would be for you to clone the Linux mainline git repo and verify that the latest 3.12-rc6 has the problem. If so, then you could bisect between that version and 3.8 to determine the commit that caused the failures. As I have no idea of your facility with kernel builds, that may be beyond your ability.

If you can locate an on-line list of the kernel changes between 3.8.13-1 and 3.8.13.4-1 and post a URL, it might be possible for us to spot the faulty change. I do not even know how to interpret those versions. To me, it seems that both are based on 3.8.13. As 3.8 is EOL and not being updated by any of the kernel developers, all changes are now being done by Mageia. Thus, only they know what was done.

Larry