Search Linux Wireless

Re: Always send management frames at MCS-0??

On 09/09/2013 12:15 PM, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM, Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had a user request that we support always sending management frames
(such as EAPOL) at the lowest rate.  Evidently, other equipment does this,
where as normal-ish supplicant/linux tends to send them at much higher
rates.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this properly?

Any opinions on whether it's a good idea or not?

EAPOL frames are data frams from WLAN perspective
and are unicast, thats why we send at highest possible
MCS supported. There is no advantage in forcing them to
go at lower rates.

Would forcing them to a lower rate at least theoretically improve
the chance that the packets are properly delivered?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>