Search Linux Wireless

Re: 802.11 infrastructure for regression testing - upstream / mac80211 / cfg80211

On 07/30/2013 05:53 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
Folks,

Back in 2009 Intel had put out a wifi-test tree [0] but that seems
deprecated now. The git tree at least is gone. Can someone confirm if
that's dead? We later had Google present at the 2010 San Francisco
wireless summit [1] their test infrastructure using autotest. Last I
checked that stuff was not merged back upstream to autotest. Can
someone confirm ? Lastly we have mac80211_hwsim [2] and also a slew of
internal testing infrastructures that obviously are not open.

If we are to embark on a new journey towards an open testing
infrastructure what should be used? Ben, you have some stuff, and I
know you also report some interesting bugs with insane amount of
stations. Is any of it open?

Our user-space app is not open.  I'm happy to offer free licenses
for good causes, but I understand that is probably not so interesting to most
folks.

Our stuff only really works with ath9k (and possibly ath5k).  Might
work in the future with ath10k if we can get the firmware and other
limitations resolved.  And, maybe some other vendors will start
supporting lots of virtual stations..but I don't know of any others
at this time.

At the least, we'll keep running our internal testing & dev efforts
and will continue to report strange bugs :)

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>