Search Linux Wireless

RE: [RFC] P2P find phase offload

Hi,

Overall, looks like option 2 is more favorable due to the flexibility, and below is an example for where this flexibility might be useful.

The wpa_supplicant has logic to determine if to respond to a probe request or not based on the local device ID and local device types, and will not respond to probe requests if:

1. The probe request contains a device ID IE and the device ID does not match the local one.
2. The probe request contains specific devices types, and the requested device types do not match the local ones.

Based on the p2p_find offload API you defined, the FW/driver will lack the information of the local Device ID and local device types, so in such cases the FW/driver will not know if it should reply to the response or not.

Obviously, the lacking information could be added to the API, but in its absence, it would be useful to have the flexibility of the flag.

Hope this help a bit,

Ilan.