Search Linux Wireless

[RFC] P2P find phase offload

Hi,

In discussion about P2P find phase offload, I see one bit that was not cleared,
and want to discuss it prior to coding: probe replying policy.

option 1: all or nothing. If device indicates NL80211_FEATURE_P2P_PROBE_RESP_OFFLOAD, it should
answer all matching probes, and wpa_s should never answer probes. If device don't indicate offload,
it never answer probes and wpa_s do answer all matching probes.

option 2: flexible. If device indicates NL80211_FEATURE_P2P_PROBE_RESP_OFFLOAD, it may answer some
matching probes, and wpa_s should answer ones that device missed for some reason. To enable this,
add 'flags' parameter to cfg80211_rx_mgmt() saying whether frame was replied by device/driver.

Real question here is whether there are devices that can answer probes, but not always.
If such devices are real, option 2 is better. I know that for 60g, I'd like to add some more
bits to 'flags' from option 2, so I am biased to this option.

Comments?